The course (code: 39170-ENG) is devised for master students in Mechanical Engineering, curriculum SMART TECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING. At the end of the module, the student has knowledge of a wide range of problems typical of the data science and automation settings. In particular, the student is able to:
- formulate a business problem as a data science problem, using the most suitable technique to solve them
- formulate and solve regression and classification problems
- formualte and solve problems of image analysis and object recognition
- apply clustering and dimensionality reduction techniques; estimate real-time non-measurable physical quantities
- formulate and solve a fault diagnosis problem in an industrial environment
- program a PLC to control industrial machinery.
The course provides 6 CFU.